No announcement yet.

17 x 7 wheels on my lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank goodness my daughter didn't like those wheels. She'd have been grounded till her taste changed!

Comment

I love it! Looks great

Comment

Awesome car! Stock or modified - you'd certainly be welcomed at any of our chapter meetings. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.
        http://www.studebakerclubs.com/NorthGeorgia/ or http://georgiastudebaker.weebly.com/
        sigpic

Wayne Lee

Comment

I think it looks awesome. Bottom line its your ride and what you like is the greatest thing in the world. Let's line up a,lol the nay Sayers and see what is on their cars 100 to 1 they aren't stock. Probably a lot of special engineering. Can't stand it when people rag on others cars. If you can't compliment take your marbles and go home. How bout a "wow seems like you are proud of your work". WOW!!

Just sayin!!!

Comment

I've been shopping around for 15" wheels and tires and ended up finding this style wheel and tire for cheaper than a 15" wheel and tire. The wheel wasnt really cheaper but the tires were. Crazy. Im going with a 215/55/17 though. Im not lowered.

Comment

Wheels

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150904_180015288.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1700225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150905_154837456.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1700226Sven,
              Your Lark looks so goood. As I have discovered the purists on this site express their disapproval often, However most of them have radial tires and different subtle changes that aren't readily noticeable. Do your car the way you want, you have to drive it not the purists! Here's a couple of thorns, My Champ P/U which has an R-1, Volare torsion bar suspension, 5 speed, american racing rims and a friends 37 coupe. It has a 327 Chevy, mustang front suspension and a 9 inch ford rear, We drive our cars, and we drive them long distances in comfort with arguably a lot lot better safety than stock ones. Don't get me wrong, I love stock ones as well, I just don't like driving them for long distances!
              sigpic

Comment

Cant wait to mount it and see what it look like on my 61
                Attached Files

Comment

That looks awesome. Do you have Turner brakes on the front? I want to put 17 X 7 on my Lark wagon but so far I have not found a wheel that clears the front discs. I want to keep the same size on the front and the back, are your tires/wheels the same? I just read further into the messages and found that The wheels are Ridler retro thrusts with zero offset. Thats about 4" backset. 205/50-17. I always assumed that offset and backspace where the same measurement. Can you share with the forum the cost of the Ridlers and tires?
                  Regards,
                  Mark

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                    That looks awesome. Do you have Turner brakes on the front? I want to put 17 X 7 on my Lark wagon but so far I have not found a wheel that clears the front discs. I want to keep the same size on the front and the back, are your tires/wheels the same? I just read further into the messages and found that The wheels are Ridler retro thrusts with zero offset. Thats about 4" backset. 205/50-17. I always assumed that offset and backspace where the same measurement. Can you share with the forum the cost of the Ridlers and tires?
                    Regards,
                    Mark
                    A little primer on offset vs back spacing. http://tires.tirerack.com/tires/Whee...%20Backspacing

My Avanti has 2000 (1999 to 2004 are the same) Mustang Bullitt 17X8 wheels on the front. Similiar to a Lark. They clear the Turner brake setup but need an 1/8" spacer to give full lock to lock clearance. Later than 2004 wheels have to much back spacing. I'm not sure why you would have a brake clearance problem with 17" when the OEM 15" clear.

Bob
                    Last edited by sweetolbob; 09-28-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I really don't see much of the "disapproval" by the purists on this thread, so why StudebakerGene felt he had to bring it up is a mystery to me. I am basically a "purist" but I see nothing wrong with what Sven has done with his car.

Comment

I think the stance and wheels of that car look great!

On a related note, I didn't want to start a new thread asking this but is there a "Show Us Your Wheels" thread somewhere on this forum? I did a search but couldn't find anything. I'd love to see an exibition of any and all custom wheels/tires. Open or closed design, modern or vintage, radials or biasplys.
                        Wayne
                        NEW Studebaker owner
                        1953 Champion 2-door Sedan(project)

1954 Studebaker Commander Coupe

Comment

Yes there is. But my search came up empty as well. It ran for several pages, as I recall.
                          I'm sure someone will find it and post it.
                          sals54

Comment

Thanks for trying! For whatever reason I have the hardest time with the search on this forum compared to other boards. It seems like lots of things bring up "no results found" when surely there are many results available... Maybe it's a user-headspace problem.
                            Wayne
                            NEW Studebaker owner

Comment

Is this it?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Us-Your-Wheels!
                              Wayne
                              NEW Studebaker owner

Comment

I got my wheel and tire mounted for test fit. I love it. 17x7 with a 4" backspace and 215/55/17 tire.
                                Time to order the rest!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X