Gauge Cluster Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge Cluster Restoration

My good friend Bob is restoring his dad's 49 Stude 3/4 ton Pickup.
    He needs a good place to restore his gauge cluster. Any recommendations come to mind?

1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
    1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
    1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
    Robert Rausch

If you have a Speedotach near you, the repair old gauges. Otherwise, I would go to Hemmings Motor News advertisers.

========================
    63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
    Martinez, CA

Comment

I believe the 3R glass has been reproduced; not sure about the 2R.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

For over 10 years I have used Red Line Gauge out of Humboldt Tenn. They are great. Here is the number. 731-571-0766. Asked for John. Good, fair and reasonable. Good Luck

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

if this uses the horizontal speedo, I think Gary Ash has made some slide-ons for these if you only need to cosmetically restore them

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

See Norm Miller's ad in the Antique Studebaker Review. If your glass is not broken and that is all you need restored Phoenix Restoration, Davenport Iowa can do it. Might also check w/Gary Ash for a repop.

Comment

Thanks so much guys. I'll let you know what happens.

Robert Rausch

Comment

Working...
              X