Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

61 Lark Grill Fit a 60??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 61 Lark Grill Fit a 60??

Hi, does anyone know if the grill insert from a 61 Lark will fit a 60 Lark??

Dale Wendorff
    Hudson, WI
    60 Lark Convertible
    55 Champion coupe

There still seem to be lots of NOS '60 grills out there if that is what you need. Think '61s are a little harder to find. '59 grill mesh is just about NLA. If I am wrong, someone will chime in.

Good luck.
    Last edited by 62champ; 04-21-2014, 06:24 AM.

Comment

No...the 61 grill will not fit a 60 Lark.

A while back I bought one (NOS) "thinking" the same thing. The 59 and 60 are the same. The 61 is just a little larger, in all directions.

Mike

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	61LarkRegal4dr4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1688684 Click image for larger version

Name:	Deluxe Six 2 Door1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1688685
        Mike is right, if you look at both Cars you will see that '59 & '60 Have Parking Light/Air Vents between the Grille and head Lights, so the much wider '61 Grille would not fit in the Front Panel.

The Two small Parking Lights & Hd. Lt. or Optional on Deluxes, Four Headlight system is not as large as the '59-'60 setup allowing a wider Grille on '61's.

The '59 Grille Mesh has been NLA since about 1961 and superseded to 1960!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 04-21-2014, 03:59 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          The '59 Grille Mesh has been NLA since about 1961 and superseded to 1960!
          Unless someone like myself decides to make one available someday...........
          Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Working...
          X