No announcement yet.

A-pillar repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing what you are into Steve. From the beginning, it looks like you have tackled a project that the timid couldn't comprehend. My most extensive project took me six years. Lots of folks treated me like I was nuts for even attempting to resurrect what they saw as just an old hunk of a clunker. What sustained me was, that I enjoyed the effort, and challenge, as much as the goal of the finished project. I have good friends, that, although they admire the car, their eyes glaze over if I begin to discuss what it took to bring it back.

I understand that not every one is a "car" person. I'm that way when it comes to Jewelry. Put a bunch of expensive pretty jewelry next to a pile of vintage car parts...I'll go to the car parts every time.

I (we) enjoy following projects like this. Keep up the good work.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I stand in awe of the body reconstruction work you are doing. I would not even know where to begin or how to proceed with something like that. Thank goodness there are still plenty of them around, R1 or not, that do not require repairs that extensive. I guess someone has gotta step up to the plate and save the R1s, but the ones from the northeast are a challenge above and beyond anything I could tackle.

My hat is off to you

Comment

At this point I've got so much into this car I've got to fix it. R1 or not. It would be a lot easier to throw in the towel, and believe me I've thought about it. Other interest always get in the way. Hard to stay motivated at times. But I try to remember how much fun it'll be when it's back together.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X