Eaton PS Pump Rebuild Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eaton PS Pump Rebuild Help

While taking apart & cleaning the Eaton PS Pump on my '64 R1 GT Hawk (doing a reseal using a very complete kit from S.I.) I forgot to pay attention to the Pump Drive Carrier edge direction on removal. The six vans of the Carrier have a slight bend at the vane tip. Which way should it go back into the Pump Body Cam Insert? Tips left or right? If anyone out there knows or has a pump that they could look at I would really appreciate the guidance. [?]

StudeBakerHarv
    StudeBakerHarv
    * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine)
    * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).

This may help

http://www.studebaker-info.org/tech/...pspumpreb.html

Bob Johnstone
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

MAY help? Are you kidding? You nailed it Bob. Thanks so much for your direction on this. Your site is great.

Much abliged [8D]

StudeBakerHarv
      StudeBakerHarv
      * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine)
      * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).

Comment

OK,

Here's a question I THINK I've seen somewhere before, but I can't remember what the definitive answer was/is.

Can an Eaton Pump be used with a Studebaker Saginaw PS system, or can a Saginaw pump work with an Eaton PS system?
        All I can envision are differnces in pressure.... or is there more to it than that?[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X