Avanti Powershift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Avanti Powershift

Somewhere on the forum, someone, I believe R2-For-Me mentioned that Dave Thibeault sells some sort of a stop to prevent the powershift from being accidentally being shifted into reverse when you shift it. Is it an expensive part and is it difficult to install? I am thinking of adding it to the Avanti, but I thought I would ask what others have found with it.

Thanks

Neil

P.S. Ready for winter to be over and the time to start the 289 again! Running the Cockshutt 35L tractor is great, but blowing snow is getting old and cold!!

Give Dave a call tomorrow.....He'll walk You right through it! (978-897-3158)

Comment

I have had one of these for years. They work great for quick shifting with no fear of hitting neutral. If I remember right it cost around $5.00 and took about 15 minutes to install. No doubt the price has gone up since I purchased mine.

Peter Sant

Comment

Hey Neil,

The little L-shaped adapter goes in the shifter. I think I paid $15 from Dave T-Bow

Well worth it.

Allen
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

IIRC, the Powershift linkage already has a stop to prevent shifting into R without pressing the button on top of the shifter. Dave's stop may be to prevent accidentally shifting into N, as KOOL R2 mentions.
          Jim Bradley
          Lake Monticello, VA
          '78 Avanti II
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I have my order in with Dave for one as well as for a few parts for the 47 which is being put together over the winter by a fellow near Cornwall Ont. It is coming together. If spring ever comes, I may be able to drive it and the Avanti this year!!
            Regards
            Neil

Comment

Working...
            X