Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Parts for Autolite 1GC 4802 distributor for 1950 2R11 truck, looking for vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: Missing Parts for Autolite 1GC 4802 distributor for 1950 2R11 truck, looking for vendors

I just picked up a 1950 2R11. It is missing a few items like the breather, window glass, the breaker plate for the distributor, etc. The distributor is an Autolite 1GC 4802 11 C. Does anyone know where I can get either the plate or a whole new one?

Try and contact Bud on this forum, he's a distributor guru!

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Your best option is to find, ask for, do wanted Ad for a Used Autolite Distributor for the 245 Commander Six, Car or Truck.

These are way easier to find than the Breaker Plate. Getting that hard to find breaker plate is your first issue, THEN it could be properly "Set up" by someone like Bud who has a Distributor Machine to test and set it up correctly.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by gramey View Post
        I just picked up a 1950 2R11. It is missing a few items like the breather, window glass, the breaker plate for the distributor, etc. The distributor is an Autolite 1GC 4802 11 C. Does anyone know where I can get either the plate or a whole new one?

I see 'dual point' distributor plates for Stude engines all the time...

Here's an Ebay setup:
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUDEBAKER-HENRY-J-WILLYS-DUAL-POINT-CONVERSION-DISTRIBUTOR-PLATE-NOS-U-S-A-/231146209576?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AStudebaker&hash= item35d1634128&vxp=mtr

Here's another one:

http://www.hiltopautoparts.com/produ...baker-1949-54/

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thank you Gentlemen,
          I ordered the Ebay setup...

Comment

Unfortunately, those are both for small Champion Sixes, maybe others will show up later.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
            X