55 Sedan vs. C/K Front Clip Parts Interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 55 Sedan vs. C/K Front Clip Parts Interchange

I recently bought a 55 Pres C-body, many parts in the front center are trashed or missing. In a bone yard nearby there is a 55 sedan with a nice front clip. I know I can use the center grille and that the outer castings are different. Are the turn signals themselves the same? Is any of the sheet metal around the radiator or hood latch the same? Front fender air deflectors? Front Bumper? I ordered a chassis manual tonight from SI but I won't see if before the weekend. It is supposed to be near 40 this weekend and I thought I would go review the car.

JK

Jon, the turn signal lenses are the same. all other parts You ask of are not the same "except the front bumper" I believe is in fact inter changeable. does this sedan have the early style flat wind shield ?,if You can get a real close inspection on actual condition of front fenders would appreciate it.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The center chrome grille , turn signal lenses , headlights and front bumpers are the same but everything else is different.
      If you are not in a hurry I have all the sheet metal , bumper quads , bumper for the 1955 C/K in stock N.O.S. not cheap.
      I had a TIA and will be laid up for a while.
      Robert Kapteyn
      studebaker@mac.com

Comment

And, if you have the room and the time, and can get that out of the boneyard for a song, there are many interior parts, dash, door hardware, etc, that are applicable to many years and that can benefit others. Can't save them all but, can save what others may need.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Are there any other Studes in that yard? I'm looking for a source of parts for my '61 Hawk. I live in Fond du Lac, Wi.-Jim

Comment

Jim,

The yard has about a dozen cars and trucks but all pretty toast and / or stripped. Dwayne Jacobson probably has what you need, he is in Stevens Point, 715 572 7292. I may have some parts but I tend not to sell unless I have 3, one for the project, one spare and one to sell, just quirky that way. PM me with contact info and maybe I can help you find what you need. I live in Fort Atkinson, not far from you.

JK

Comment

Rockne,

Thanks for the tip on the interior parts, I need a dash and was thinking Hawk but maybe 55. I will see what it looks like when the snow melts, if it ever does, Southeast Wisconsin.

JK

Comment

Working...
              X