Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Carter WE diagram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Carter WE diagram?

Does anyone have a diagram for the Carter WE carburetor? It looks like an exploded diagram comes with some kits but not the one I bought. It would really help to see where all the parts I got go...

Nothing, huh? Ok. How about this? Does anybody know where these three parts go?

1) Long spring

2) Small spring with two hook ends

3) Really tiny copper washer

Comment

Patrick, on what year and model are you working?

I'll see if I can't scare something up. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, it's a 55 Champion with a Carter WE 2108S.

Comment

OK, Patrick; here you go.

These are three exploded diagrams from the 1956 Shop Manual (I do not have a 1955 Manual, but this is close enough for what you need):

Enjoy!
          BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here's a good source for older carburetor overhaul instructions:
            http://old-carburetors.com/

Comment

Woohoo! Thank you!

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              OK, Patrick; here you go.

These are three exploded diagrams from the 1956 Shop Manual (I do not have a 1955 Manual, but this is close enough for what you need):

Enjoy!
              BP

Comment

And thank you for that, too. My Google skills are pretty good but I was coming up empty on that search.

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
                Here's a good source for older carburetor overhaul instructions:
                http://old-carburetors.com/

Comment

Working...
                X