Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Class Glass Fiberglass front fenders-Stude C/K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Class Glass Fiberglass front fenders-Stude C/K

Looking for feedback on Class Glass & Performance fiberglass front fenders.Has anyone used these or have any knowledge and feedback on their product?Thanks

I bought a pin-on Hawk hood from them and it looks great!

Comment

How about thickness flex and gel coat finish?

Comment

I am not familiar with this manufacturer. Most make the fiberglass parts in either street or track weights. I have used fiberglass C/K front fenders, made by another vendor, and they required a lot of cutting and grinding to get a fit.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

What manufacturer did you use?Class Glass was the only I could find with a online search

Comment

Robert,

Here's what I got.

classicglassperformance.com, I have not used their stuff but it is one of the few players. slickstreetstuff.com, I am not sure if they make their own or not. I emailed and asked so we'll see. The Glass Shop, (located in MD), the web site used to be " the-glas-shop.com" but it no longer seems to be on line. They still come up with email, theglasshop@netzero.com. I have a hood and trunk for a 62 GT from TGS, it is racing weight. I have not mounted it yet but it is well made. I will update this post when I get info fro SSS and TGS. I may need some fiberglass myself with my new project. I'll update when the vendors respond.

JK

Comment

That would be great if you'd post your results.Classic Glass Performance is located in Md.I wonder if its the same as The Glass Shop.It kind of rings a bell on older searches on line as well as the product line.The lady I talked to said they've been in business for 23 years.

Comment

They are here in my hometown of Cumberland, MD. Ive heard good things about them. I am considering getting a right front fender from them for my Golden Hawk if I cannot find another one within the next 2 weeks. I did see where their fenders do not have the vent door hole, but that is easily fixed.

Comment

Yes, it is tempting: http://www.classglassperformance.com...tudebaker.html

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    What manufacturer did you use?Class Glass was the only I could find with a online search
                    I used an SDC member in the state of Washington that was making them. I do not believe that he makes them now, so I will not post his name. It did take me many months to get them after I paid for them.

EDIT: There used to be three or four different manufacturers of these. It sounds like we are down to one source now.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket3pilot View Post
                      They are here in my hometown of Cumberland, MD. Ive heard good things about them. I am considering getting a right front fender from them for my Golden Hawk if I cannot find another one within the next 2 weeks. I did see where their fenders do not have the vent door hole, but that is easily fixed.
                      The ones that I bought had both the vent door hole and hinge hardware already installed. I just had to bolt the old vent door on.
                      Vendors used to make them with and without vent door holes. For race and some custom applications, the vent door wasn't wanted. You might check with the vendor to see if they can make the fenders either way.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                      X