Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Headlight rim to body screws-1955 Studebaker Commander Custom 2 Door Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Headlight rim to body screws-1955 Studebaker Commander Custom 2 Door Sedan

Hello everyone.

I have a 1955 Commander 2 door sedan, and have a question about the headlight rim to body screws.
    Several months ago i was working on the stude,and took off the headlight rims,and of course they were put in a " Safe Place-LOL".
    Well just when i was getting ready to put the rims back on they were gone.

I don't have my body or chassis parts manuals with me. they were packed as we are moving soon

Can someone tell me what are the screws i need, i am assuming i can get them at a hardware store.

Thanks

55Cmndr

Not sure, but this likely is the same as on a '54. The '54 that I recently had the headlights off of uses four screws for each headlight. They are about one-half inch long and I would guess them to be either #8 or #10 screws. Start with a #8 screw and see if that snugs up well. If not, try a #10. The head is flat, about 3/8 inch across, not tapered on the backside, and has a Phillips pattern. There's a bit of guesswork here, but that's what I recall. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If it's the same as in 1954, don't forget to install a rubber gasket between the headlight rim and the body.

Comment

Thanks for the reply I will try --Thanks

I probably did the title wrong it should have been: Headlight rim to body screw size needed for Headlight rim 1312088W 1953-55 car ( according to SI )

Comment

Chrome headlight rim part # 1312088W - rim to body screw size needed- 1953-55 car

Hello everyone. Sorry for the repost- I needed to add more information and could not edit the other post on the same subject

I have a 1955 Commander 2 door sedan, and have a question about the headlight rim to body screws.The screw on the bottom of the ring that holds it to the body. The part # 1312088W is off of the SI site-which are the chrome rings that I have.

Several months ago i was working on the stude,and took off the headlight rims,and of course they were put in a " Safe Place-LOL".
        Well just when i was getting ready to put the rims back on they were gone.

I don't have my body or chassis parts manuals with me. they were packed as we are moving soon

Can someone tell me what are the screws i need, i am assuming i can get them at a hardware store.

Thanks

55Cmndr

Comment

55cmndr - Please post one thread per topic only. Duplicate postings will be deleted. Technical topics should be placed in the Tech Talk board only, not cross-posted to the General board.

Sincerely,

Captain Helpful

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry- I tried to edit my post after being signed in,was unable to to so.

Thanks for the advice

55Cmndr

Comment

Working...
            X