61 Lark Choke to Manifold Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 61 Lark Choke to Manifold Connection

We've got the carburetor all together and hooked up except for one thing: The tube or pipe that goes between the choke and the manifold. The car came with nothing like that when we got it. The parts catalog lists a "pipe w/nut auto. choke to manifold (with gov.)" as well as "(less gov.)." We're not sure which of those is the right choice.

Also, there are some diagrams (not for our carburetor or engine) that show a pipe with two tubes. Just wondering how that factors in.

Thanks, and Happy New Year.

Are you SURE the Carb., Manifold & Heat Tube are all 1961?
    The '59-'61 Heat tube with Nuts, is a different part number than the '62-'64 is.

The "Low Choke" and "High Choke" Stromberg WW 2 Brl. Carbs. take different heat tubes.

The '59-'61 WW 6-123 thru 6-127 are High, the '62-'64 6-128 thru 6-132 are Low, requiring a different Air Cleaner also.

The second tube is just for intake air flow or heat to the Carb. Air Horn depending on year model.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-03-2014, 01:35 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

my dad posted the first question but I think he wanted to know what to do to hook it up
      the engine is the 6 cylinder and the carb is a carter (I don't know which carter ill ask my dad when I can) the horn on the car is electric and the car might not have all 1961 parts but I don't know it wasn't completely assembled when we got it so were trying to find how to put it together but its probably missing parts

Comment

What engine do you have? And what carb?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

More info: It's a 170 OHV with a Carter AS-2876-S carburetor. No heat tube came with the car, so we have no idea what the proper set up should look like.

Comment

Threads merged and duplicate posts removed.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

If I remember correctly a carter AS-2876-S if from a 1959 170 C.I. A 1961 would have an RBS carb, but with that said the AS is a better carb. I would think someone on here would have a few pics they could post.

Joe
              sigpic

1962 Daytona
              1964 Cruiser
              And a few others

Comment

Thank goodness you are wrong Joe. The cr@&&y Carter RBS was not used until 1963-'64 so, he should be good to go with his Model "AS" different versions were used up to 1962.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I must be getting old Rich! I knew the RBS wasn't used until 1963, but the AS-2876 is only listed for a 1959 model.

Joe

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  Thank goodness you are wrong Joe. The cr@&&y Carter RBS was not used until 1963-'64 so, he should be good to go with his Model "AS" different versions were used up to 1962.
                  sigpic

1962 Daytona
                  1964 Cruiser
                  And a few others

Comment

Working...
                  X