X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 57 Commander...Stromberg WW6-117

What is the source for a new carb for my 57 Commander? Stromberg WW6-117
    Last edited by tim333; 12-31-2013, 09:12 AM. Reason: Misspelled word

To get one to properly fit the Air Cleaner, Choke Heater Tube and clear the hood while still running a 2 Barrel, only #1 and 4 will work. You do have 5 total choices:

1) Buy another USED Stromberg WW Model 6-117 Carb. and Rebuild it.
    A simple and easy, quick, reasonable method to keep it all original looking.

2) Buy a Used Stromberg WW 6-123 to 6-128 ('59-'62) and a clamp-on mount Stude. Air Cleaner.

3) Buy a Used Stromberg WW 6-130 ('63) or 6-132 ('64) a Late Intake Manifold with the Proper Choke Heat Tubes and a Stud and wing nut mounted, Stude. Air Cleaner.

(Note: after 1958, the 2 Brl. Carbs. no longer have the rear facing tops and remote Air Cleaner.)

Of course 2 & 3 above require that you buy a "low Rise" '59-'64 Intake Manifold, and rebuild the Carb., or have it rebuilt.

4) I would just rebuild the original Carb. if the Throttle lever and throttle shaft is good enough to repair or use.

OR: (5) Then of course if you do not work on Cars, you could always buy a '59 to '64 2 Barrel Intake Manifold that a Club Member has bored out to Edelbrock AFB Clone 4 Barrel size and a New Edelbrock 500cfm Electric Choke Carb. and a 4 Brl. Air Cleaner and have it installed.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-31-2013, 01:23 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I lost the name of the Rebuilder recommended here previously, someone help?

Comment

Dave Thibeault is a Turning Wheels Monthly SDC Publication Advertiser. He is in Maynard, MA 978 897 3158
        There are several Studebaker Car and Parts Repair Shops listed at:
        http://studebakervendors.com

UPDATE: Maroon = Corrected
        Last edited by StudeRich; 01-02-2014, 07:07 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Dave is actually in Massachusetts [MA], carburetor will be sent to him tomorrow. Thanks for the info. I just officially joined the Club so I will be getting the magazine.

Comment

You'll be very happy with Dave's work!!

Comment

I'm looking forward to a smooth running engine, heard nothing but good things about Dave's work.

Comment

Working...
              X