No announcement yet.

changing 2bbl to 4bbl carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the swap to an original carter WCFB this summer on my '55 259. I already had dual exhaust and everything else was new or replaced. I found the rebuilt WCFB on eBay and it wasn't cheap. If Bob Petersen will sell you the whole set up for $200, I would jump on it. Otherwise, your 2 bbl should work well if you get everything else sorted correctly. Good luck.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I also have a whole setup for sale, with intake, carb. and air cleaner, off a 55 259 , carb #2214. If you don't get Bobs

Comment

I am going to give Mike's idea a shot. After thinking about it, the problem started a few days after a friend retarded the timing a little bit. I also went out and took a look at the throttle shaft and there was a little up and down play in it. There is a carb rebuild shop about 20 miles from here that was recommended by a friend so I will pull the carb next week. Thanks for all the help. Joe

Comment

Hello Jeff, I have a 63 Lark convertible. It was originally a 4 bbbl. The previous owner changed it to a 2 bbbl because his wife was complaining of it having too much power. This was 30 years ago.
          What kind of power can i expect from the 4bbbl upgrade? It has dual exhaust, larger air breather. The car run's great. No worries. A little more power would be nice. I have an electric ignition on it.

I have a 259 Engine.

Thanks,

Cosmo
          Last edited by cosmoapt; 02-06-2014, 04:14 PM. Reason: forgot to mention

Comment

Originally posted by cosmoapt View Post
            Hello Jeff, I have a 63 Lark convertible. It was originally a 4 bbbl. The previous owner changed it to a 2 bbbl because his wife was complaining of it having too much power. This was 30 years ago.
            What kind of power can i expect from the 4bbbl upgrade? It has dual exhaust, larger air breather. The car run's great. No worries. A little more power would be nice. I have an electric ignition on it.

I have a 259 Engine.

Thanks,

Cosmo
            Maybe 5 to 10 horsepower above 3500 RPMS.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

Bob, if this is still available I'm interested in it. I sent you a PM

Thanks,
              Joe

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              I have a stock manifold, stock WCFB and the dry air cleaner $200.00 plus shipping
              sigpic

1962 Daytona
              1964 Cruiser
              And a few others

Comment

Irish, check your PM

Comment

Bob, I responded to your PM, I would have sooner but I've been out of town.

Joe
                  sigpic

1962 Daytona
                  1964 Cruiser
                  And a few others

Comment

Working...
                  X