Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Transmission change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission: Transmission change

Hello, I have a I am going to change to the
    Last edited by joenj; 03-05-2014, 10:42 AM.

That will be the BEST thing you ever did to that Car! The 4.10 Ratio with Overdrive is good for todays gas Prices and more Highway and Interstate cruising than back in the day.

If you mean the Overdrive Harness, you can buy it ready made, but that one is easy to make from the Shop Manual Wiring Diagram.

However the Main Front Chassis Wire Harness is best bought from a Studebaker Vendor Like Studebakers West, http://www.studebakerswest.net/ who hand make them to match the Color codes in the Manual. They have been doing this exclusively for Studes for about 40 Years.

Or this New Vendor whom I have no experience with:

http://www.larkworks.net/index.htm

As a side note; when you join SDC and begin receiving the Monthly Publication "Turning Wheels" you will have access to all of the needed Parts and Services Dealers who support US and MUCH more!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-23-2013, 06:29 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I am Studebakers Northwest so I do not need most Studebaker Parts, but Studebakers West supplies me and my customers with high quality Fresh, New Wire Harnesses.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

As StudeRich said.......the overdrive transmission will really 'Make A Car' out of Your '50......Good luck!

Comment

Call them. They're great guys, will take good care of you and your car.

Comment

Working...
          X