Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

My stainless fender trim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: My stainless fender trim.

I was polishing the trim on my 59 Silver Hawk and the strips that fit on the front fenders have a small hole in the end that faces the door, also a hole in the fender. I assumed it was for a small sheet metal screw to keep the trim from sliding back and forth on the attachment clips. But I am wondering if this hole has been added by a previous owner. I can't remember this on anybody else's car. What do you experts think? Will I be filling in a hole and more polishing?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin Ones I have worked with had no screw hole. Possibly added. Does hole look factory. David

Comment

The could be but I am beginning to doubt it. It looks kinda funny that nice long stainless part then a phillips head screw in one end. Both parts have the tell tale signs of getting caught in the door at one time so I am betting previous owner fixed it.

Comment

Working...
      X