Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Excellent running 1951Sudebaker 6cyl engine-bellhousing and transmission.Complete carb to trans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Excellent running 1951Sudebaker 6cyl engine-bellhousing and transmission.Complete carb to trans.

I have a excellent low mile,29,000 on speedo when pulled, 1951 Stude Champion 6 cylinder long block engine, bellhousing,and transmission.Rebuilt clutch, rebuilt pressure plate ,new throw out bearing and new pilot bearing. It is assembled with 3 speed trans w overdrive 6 volt.The overdrive was never used. Engine has new Ignition parts plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor points condensor. Carb rebuilt, starter rebuilt. Trans was serviced. (A hot rodder was pulling it from his 51 Champ to make a Hot Rod.) It was running excellent when I pulled it and put in my 1951 C Cab. It ran good for a year, I then pulled and it to put a V8 in my Truck.The engine was put it away correctly on stand in my shop.This is complete from the correct oil bath air cleaner to bellhousing and transmission. My truck was converted to 12 volt system so it has an altenator on it.This is ready to install and run. If there is a young Studebaker enthusiast out there that needs this to get there Studebaker up, running and on the street PM me. $500.00..

Where are you located, in general terms, at least? City, State? That package would be a good deal for somebody nearby who could come and fetch it; not nearly so good if it had to be shipped 2000 miles. It's like real estate, location, location, location.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

gordr, I am located in Medical Lake Wa. about 17 m iles north of Spokane Wa..

Comment

I am about 400 miles from you and across the border. Nor am I a "young guy" anymore. But if you still have the thing come next April, when I go down to the Portland Swap Meet, I'd consider it. I have a '51 sedan that needs both engine and transmission, but it's scarcely a huge priority right now.

I hope you find someone more local who can use it, since I do have engines and transmissions on hand here.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

None of us are "young guys " anymore gordr....Anyway, PM me before Portland...I have more parts..

Comment

Working...
          X