Windshield Wiper for C/K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Windshield Wiper for C/K

Does anyone know if there was ever a cover made for a C/K windshield wiper motor to cover the exposed wires?
    Not only are the ugly, but exposed to any water that may enter the engine compartment.
    Thanks
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
    Does anyone know if there was ever a cover made for a C/K windshield wiper motor to cover the exposed wires?
    Not only are the ugly, but exposed to any water that may enter the engine compartment.
    Thanks
    Brian
    Yes, the '55's had covers on them.

Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 09-04-2017, 07:39 AM.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Yea, and they were chrome too, he,he. Or, do you reckon the owner chromeded this one???

Comment

Maybe... <G>...

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
        Yea, and they were chrome too, he,he. Or, do you reckon the owner chromeded this one???
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
          Why,...that's just a piece of wireloom! Are you sure you're not just banging two coconuts together?
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

S.I. sells a cover, but I don't think it will fit an Autolite motor which is what you probably have.
            AL SORAN RACING

Comment

That is just what I am looking for Jerry.
              I actually used my 56 Power Hawk wiper motor in Sandi's 61 Hawk as it worked better.
              I don't know the make of the motor??
              Thanks for the picture, and info.
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

The Old 6 Volt Motors were Redmond Motors, if Jerry's is still 6 Volt that is probably what it is.

The Better 12 Volt Motors were the American Bosch, with the Chrome and Blue sticker on them, a lot of them exist because they were used on '60 Larks and fit C & K.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes, that's a six volt motor in the pic.
                  Do any of the twelve volt motors have the cover?

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  The Old 6 Volt Motors were Redmond Motors, if Jerry's is still 6 Volt that is probably what it is.

The Better 12 Volt Motors were the American Bosch, with the Chrome and Blue sticker on them, a lot of them exist because they were used on '60 Larks and fit C & K.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Not that I've found (12 volt motor).

Been looking (sorta) myself.

Mike

P.s. - I was told someone made a fiberglass cover years ago, I never went searching for it..

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                      Yes, that's a six volt motor in the pic.
                      Do any of the twelve volt motors have the cover?
                      I do THINK I remember the American Bosch having a metal cover over the Parking Switch, but not sure.

If you want to know bad enough you will check your own stinkin Parts Catalog, I am wearing out the rug running into the Parts and Catalog Room from the Computer Room to do this for everyone with a question, but not wanting to look it up!

Not really tying to be rude, just a friendly SUGGESTION Jerry!

Last edited by StudeRich; 10-31-2013, 07:07 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Not that I've found (12 volt motor).

Been looking (sorta) myself.

Mike

P.s. - I was told someone made a fiberglass cover years ago, I never went searching for it..

We have an old one for our Avanti's Prestolite wiper motor that we removed many, many years ago, and need to put it back on. It was a black aftermarket plastic cover, and did a great job of hiding the wiring and protecting them from the elements, but it was non stock, not correct for the vehicle, so on and so forth. But to that end, as far as a factory cover, I've yet to see one for the Prestolite motors, as all of the ones I've seen had their wiring exposed.
                        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Why should I have to go to the expense of buying parts catalogs and go to all the trouble of looking up the parts and numbers I need info on, when I have you? <G>
                          Even with all your bitching, it's easier for me to let you do all the heavy lifting. another big G here.
                          Of course, you could do what I've suggested before, Rich, just skip over any post that has my name on it. No big g here.

If you want to know bad enough you will check your own stinkin Parts Catalog, I am wearing out the rug running into the Parts and Catalog Room from the Computer Room to do this for everyone with a question, but not wanting to look it up!

Not really tying to be rude, just a friendly SUGGESTION Jerry!
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

I am wearing out the rug running into the Parts and Catalog Room from the Computer Room to do this for everyone with a question,
                            Rich, given that you went to the trouble of recalling an underhood photo of Steincamp's kart hauler, methinks you may be exaggerating! Having the interest, time and recollection to answer questions or share solutions can be its own reward. I think you enjoy it as much as any of us.
                            I too would like more folks to buy their own catalogs and service manuals, join the SDC and benefit from the monthly Turning Wheels.
                            In the meantime, we are going to continue to assist and encourage any and all comers. That is our quest!

What, is your favorite color? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS8Mg-JWSg
                            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10,
                            '51 Commander Starlight,
                            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Currently exploring deep frost plugs with a couple of tabs tacked on????
                              Good Roads
                              Brian
                              Brian Woods
                              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X