Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Wiper Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Wiper Motor

The park adjustment is usually on the front of the wiper motor itself. I believe there are 3 screws that you loosen & turn the center portion to achieve the proper park position. This is another case where the shop manual comes in very handy.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I guess you didn't understand my question. It parks in the right place and then comes up about 3 inches. Shop Manuel has nothing to do with it. Excuse me for asking.

Comment

Maybe it is coasting past the park position just a bit. Maybe you can adjust the park position to shut off the motor just a bit sooner.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

They tend to back up a wee bit after the park is set. The solution is like Roy says, is to park them sooner. Procedure is in the shop manual to adjust the park.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I played with it this morning. It acts like something is in a bind. It stops and then comes back up. I will pick up another one in May at SB.

Comment

If can't get it to park properly with the motor adjustment ,you can remove the linkage lever off the motor under the dash and position to the proper position. It should be a splined taper fit and can be moved around to any position you desire after the wipers stop.

Comment

The problem I see with your suggestion, Leyrret, is then the wipers when in motion will hit below the bottom of the windshield on every sweep since his problem occurs after they are shut off & the wipers continue past the "park" position. G.M. wipers in the late 60's had a sweep that when shut down, parked down. Studebaker's wipers weren't that fancy & just parked within the normal sweep.
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

It works as I did mine with this procedure. If it stops 3 inches up remove the lever and move the wipers back down, It does not change the travel range of the wipers. It only changes the position of the wipers in relation to the park switch.

Comment

I justed look at a couple of motors and it seems that not are adjustable this way. The early Redmond motor seems to fit on one way. I believe the later pretolite or autolite can be repositioned . I know it worked on mine which I believe was a prestolite

Comment

Working...
                    X