Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Exhaust gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust: Exhaust gasket

I have a 61 289, I need the gasket that goes between the manifold and the pipe flange , I thought I had a part number for them but now I can't find it. I tried a search and came up with nothing, help thanks!
    Last edited by guyina4x4; 10-12-2013, 08:12 PM.
    Not studes right now

Any of our vendors should have these in stock. I always give Dave Thibeault a call 978-897-3158.

Comment

Unless you need more Stude. Vendor items, and if you need them soon, rather than mail order just those, you could try your Local NAPA or maybe you have CARQUEST there, where quality Parts can be found.

They should have the Thick ones with the metal reinforcement around the center Hole and Bolt Holes.
      Just order the '61 Ford Falcon 170 6 Cyl. Exhaust Flange Gaskets. A Stude. V8 takes 3, one on each side of the Heat Riser on the Right side, and one on the Left.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 10-13-2013, 05:44 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Good to know. I'll have to get me a Falcon parts car. cheers jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Rock auto lists FelPro 9712 for $.98 and Victor F53606 $1.01 I have had better luck with the more expensive Victor either way they are cheap. Both of these are more forgiving of slight missalignment than the stock pressede metal ones. I always buy extras they are small and easy to store . I recomend stainless studs and brass nuts

Comment

I found a really nice thick, metal reinforced gasket from CARQUEST. I think it was for a Volvo. They worked great. Now if I could just find the part number!!
            Jamie McLeod
            Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
            1958 Commander "Christine"
            1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
            1955 Commander Sedan
            1964 Champ
            1960 Lark

Comment

thanks guys, that Felpro 9712 is the number I had, I also put Dave's number in my rolodex.
              Last edited by guyina4x4; 10-13-2013, 08:18 AM.
              Not studes right now

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                Good to know. I'll have to get me a Falcon parts car. cheers jimmijim
                That's FUNNY Jim, then there will be no DOUBT that you are a Certified, Registered CASO!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                X