Which front wiring harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spannerbird View Post
    I just spoke with Donald and I'll probably need to and will be replacing almost all the wiring as besides having already purchased the spark plug wires/cables, and the battery cables seeming to be in good condition, most of the wires are bare and in spots, corroded. I decided on going with almost everything as I don't want to have to purchase one small kit, then realise I need more wires over time. It also gives me peace of mind that every wire in the car will be new.
    No joke there. Too; unless you were going to keep your car 100% stock, I'd do away with the original Stude style wiring since their habit of placing fuses all over instead of a central fuse block is unsafe IMHO.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

It's not so much about keeping the car stock even though it will be nice if I go that route. The 6v wires are heavier than 12v so if I do in some time decide to modernise it, I won't have a problem doing so - at least not with the wiring. Mine has also been setting for over a decade in the open and as such much what could corrode on the car has.
      www.spannerbird.com
      Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

Working...
      X