No announcement yet.

Wagonaire license plate / tailgate interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent photos, Patrick and Rob; thank you.

I can see from those that my bumper appears to be at the correct height, but my license plate backing (the actual mounting "plate") is not correct for the rear of the car, and is probably an inch too high. I will redrill it and mount it lower and that will solve the problem.

Again, thanks so much; very helpful and crystal-clear. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      I will redrill it and mount it lower and that will solve the problem.
      BP
      If you are not concerned about have a Studebaker plate mounting bracket - you could always make your own. An old friend back in Texas used a retired road sign and made his own brackets - that would give you a lot of flexibility to move the plate how ever much you want.

Comment

Bob
        You can thank Patrick for the pics. If you need an original bracket let me know I'll send you one.
        Rob in PA.

Comment

Thanks, Robin. I believe the one I have will work when redrilled. 'Much appreciated anyway. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X