X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hausdok
    replied
    Yep,

Not on earlier cars. Mine #151 doesn't have it and that piece of trim that wraps under the vent window wraps to the vehicle naturally.

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I guess that you didn't like my answer when I addressed this on a recent thread <G>. At that time, I said that only the late cars had it installed at the factory.
    Sorry about that ! I remembered the post but couldn't locate it to get the particulars for JD.
    Anyway, glad this came back up as the extra info is a help.
    Too much stuff going thu my noggin ----

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by larryyano View Post
    My #576 of 588 has it.
    I can understand why Studebaker added the extra mouldings.....really makes those 'strange but cool' outside trim pieces look more 'finished'.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I guess that you didn't like my answer when I addressed this on a recent thread <G>. At that time, I said that only the late cars had it installed at the factory.
    I see this happening quite often, either some people do not read all of what is said in answer to their question, or they do not go back after a couple days to find the latest answers. Oh well, anyone who is perfect please stand!

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    replied
    If I'm not mistaken I think only the last 50 or so had these. I'd still put them on mine even though it's # 211

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied

Leave a comment:

• larryyano
    replied
    My #576 of 588 has it.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Our had the trim also #549.

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    replied
    They weren't installed on mine from the factory, however if someone has a set at a resonable price I'd be interested.

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    Years ago I owned number 1019 and it had the same stainless.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    One of the first SDC events I ever attended, that required me to cross multiple state lines, was in Huntsville, Alabama in 1978. That was the first time I ever recall seeing a Packard Hawk. I recall being a bit put off by the cat fish front. However, after a short ride and a closer examination, I was hooked as a fan. It was either black or dark burgundy in color. At that time, I'm not sure I had ever sat in a car with leather upholstered seats. I seem to recall the small bits of upholstery spilling out over the trim on the outside of the windows and thinking how impractical and difficult to maintain that would be for me. At that time, the only shelter I had for a vehicle was four poles in the ground, with no sides, and a used rusty tin roof.

Could that have been your car in another life? I could be wrong about the color.

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
    Yes , these were added on the last production cars.
    The is a mention in a Service Bulletin.
    Thanks!! Good to know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied
    Yes , these were added on the last production cars.
    The is a mention in a Service Bulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    started a topic Body / Glass: 58 PH Trim, stock or not?

58 PH Trim, stock or not?

We are trying to figure out if this PH trim is factory or added later. It has ss trim that outlines the outside upholstery pieces. It sure looks stock when you see how the
    trim is made but I have not seen another 58PH with it. This is # 558 so it is a later build.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0937.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1740088Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0938.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1740089Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0939.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB