Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    All '62 to '66 Lark and Lark Type 2 doors and '63-'64 Avantis are 109 in. W/B, and 4 Doors and Wagons are 113 in. W/B.

Leave a comment:

• snowy_buffalo
    replied
    Thanks Brad and Rich.
    I knew of the different mounts for the Chevy engine and crossmember but it didn't hurt to remind me. Where I was concerned was wheelbase. For some reason I thought maybe there was a 2 or 3 inch difference in wheelbase.

Warren
    Don't know about the '65. It came to my attention that there is a '64 Hardtop nearby that may be crushed in the next week or so. Was trying to add some more justification to grab it since I also know of a '65 Sport Coupe that I would love to acquire but suspect it may have rust issues in the frame.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I did this swap back around 95 between a 60 hardtop & my 66 Daytona. I would have the front crossmember "stick welded" where it meets the side rails instead of relying on the rivets alone. That is an area where you can find cracking, which may be why your swapping the 65 frame, correct?

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    It will certainly be a better frame than the original being an 11 gauge one. You will have to unbolt the Chevy Engine rear crossmember (Pipe) from the '65 and install on the '64 frame.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    yes in ten words or less! Of course you will have to change the engine and trans mounts

Leave a comment:

• '64 Daytona Hardtop vs '65 Daytona Sport Coupe

Would a frame from a '64 Daytona 2dr Hardtop work as a direct replacement for a '65 Daytona Sport Coupe?
Working...
X