No announcement yet.

Need A/C pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the same on a 64 GT. I can look tomorrow and take a few pics... There are two "L" brackets that fasten to the underside of the dash and unit hangs on the down struts. As far as I can recall from here, the unit is pretty much centered over the trans hump
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Thought I'd bump this. Still need pics.
      sigpic
      Claude Chmielewski
      Studeski
      http://www.studeski.com
      Fillmore, Wisconsin
      47 M-16 Truck
      53 Commander Regal HT
      53 2R5
      60 Lark VIII Convertible
      60 5E7 Champ pickup
      62 5E7 Champ no box
      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
      63 Lark VI parts car
      63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
      64 Commander Wagonaire
      64 Daytona Convertible
      50 Champion Regal (parts car)
      36 Dictator
      36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Originally posted by studeski View Post
        Thought I'd bump this. Still need pics.
        Forget my prior posts, I just went out to the shed and found the OEM "hanging" evaporator. Thought I'd threw it away, but was hoping if it were still here, the mount ears would still be on it. The mounts are gone, but in comparing it with the aftermarket hanging evaporator I replaced it with, both are 16" wide. The aftermarket, in order to maintain clearance for the aforementioned vent door lever, wound up about 1 1/4" from the emergency brake handle. In doing so, it passes under the dash "lowered, drivers' side corner" I mentioned earlier by 2-3 inches, and is only about 1/8" below it. Matter of fact, the back edge of that corner has been planed down, in order for the OEM unit to sit a little higher, yet level, and not have an unsightly gap across the right side, below the radio area.

Looking at your pic above, lifting the unit almost straight up would be very close, but that toggle switch beside the e-brake handle may get in the way. I wonder if the evap units sat any different on 4-speed cars. (Mine is column shift, automatic.)

Can't believe some has not yet provided a pic.
        Last edited by JoeHall; 07-28-2013, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Studeski - Check your PM's
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
          X