Champ Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Champ Rear Window

Can you replace the present sliding rear window in a '63 Champ with the fixed rear window without having to do any metal fabrication?
    Also can this be done the other way around, sliders replacing fixed, without metal fabrication? Thanks

We installed a slider on our '64 T Cab w/o any metal fabrication. It's real fun getting the glass in the channel! Good luck! Rob in PA!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Did the '64 already have sliders before you did this?

Also, still need to know if anyone has installed a fixed window where a slider had originally been present. PLEASE

Comment

Why not?? The sheet metal was no different on either. No reason why one couldn't change from a slider to a fixed or vice versa.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Bob, I beleive they're the same.I think there is only one part # per each peice that makes up a cab such as back panel etc.
          Originally posted by GTCruiser View Post
          Can you replace the present sliding rear window in a '63 Champ with the fixed rear window without having to do any metal fabrication?
          Also can this be done the other way around, sliders replacing fixed, without metal fabrication? Thanks
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Sheet metal looks the same. Am about to swap sliders for fixed glass with another Champ owner (non-SDC member) and am trying to make sure we can both re-install the windows. Thanks

Comment

Are the sliding windows supposed to lock? Can someone please post a picture of the latch and outside window rubber. I think mine is Billy Bobbed.

Comment

May be obvious to most, but not all, so I will post this: Each type window setup has it's own rubber gasket design. IE: The stationary takes one type, the sliding takes it's own type.
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                X