Traction bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
    Very interesting videos. Shows how much springs will wrap up and how much that pinion lifts and drops under even moderate acceleration or deceleration. I'd love to do a video like that of mine just to see how well they work.
    oh ya, the amount of wrap is amazing, way more than I would have ever thought. would love to see a gopro of severe axle hop. cheers, Junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Bob,
      I have seen those torque arms on Camaro's at Pick A Part and have considered them. Of course considered them for a project "down the road." But as I'm getting my "arrested decay" project further along it might be time to consider it more. I have heard that the torque arm can alter braking. Some of the Tiger guys complain of nose dive and the rear end becoming light.

Tom
      '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
        I used some old vintage "Traction Masters" on the Saturday Night Special. I think the ones they make now will work if you use the ones for 65 Mustang. Check the measurements. Look on the Traction Master site. Course, I was told the BOOGIE MAN was gonna git me if I used these unsafe low tech gizmos, But, I ain't seen him yet. LOL here's a bad photo
        Clean setup Flashback!

Here are some Old School Traction bars you would find on 60's Drag cars, like "The Whistler!"

As on "The Whistler," they are attached at the spring plates and go on the frame right about under the back of the drivers seat!

If the Boogie Man was going to get someone, it would be these! Can you imagine the catapult they would make during a race if the front weld broke off!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
          RE -

Don't spend much time looking at the "factory" bars. They DO NOT stop spring wind-up.

Mike
          I beg to differ about that!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            There is a fair amount of forum discussion about Caltrac style bars. Search topic "Dan Gibbs" in the search box for these. You'll either need to have them made or build them yourself. I don't believe they are available to be ordered off the shelf.
            Bob, it's Dan Giblin, Nelson Bove's nephew, in Loveland OH. ('Thought I'd post the correction so someone using a search engine wouldn't come up empty.) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Bob, it's Dan Giblin, Nelson Bove's nephew, in Loveland OH. ('Thought I'd post the correction so someone using a search engine wouldn't come up empty.) BP

Thanks for cleaning it up, Bob

Comment

I like Tex's as they have a minimum bit of length extended towards the pavement. I also like the Stude type and could care less how efficient they are. Good enough for the Stude engineering dept' is good enough for me. jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                X