Dropping a V8 into a '58 Scotsman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer

I am passing on it because of a lack of storage space! I can't find anyone who will let me park it on their property for the 5-6 months I need before I make room at my place.
    A few years ago a buddy wanted this 60 Lincoln on eBay. He hit the BIN even though his wife "forbade" him to buy it[}] Ended up having it shipped to my place where I kept it for him for 8 months till he arranged a place to keep and work on it behind his wife's back; then had it shipped there... still has it, finally told his wife when it was pretty well fixed up... Don't know how or why anyone would live like that!

So Allan- or anyone else- big advantage of being a country boy is, if you need a place to stash a toy (for whatever reason) I'll offer you free storage!

(NOTE: Storage donor offers no guarantee that driving r2 cars will not be.... "moved".... a few miles to facilitate storage...)

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

Bought it, my brand new L.A. California dealer will pick it up. It runs, and drives, just need to bolt the trim back on the Maaco paint job.

JDP/Maryland
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      64 GT R2
      63 Lark 2 door
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Great! It's REALLY solid.

You can't drive it until you put the correct wheels on it--the kid who is selling the car bolted on wheels with an offset so wrong that the tires on the back are actually touching the fenders.

Comment

Thanks, maybe we'll just do the factory wheel and dog dish thing.

JDP/Maryland
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          64 GT R2
          63 Lark 2 door
          58 Scotsman
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...