63 lark trunk seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 63 lark trunk seal

Have the lark back from the paint shop a while back and am around to putting the trunk seal on whitch i would like to do only once!!!!!!! With the seal laying against the hump as i call it and the lips faceing to the outsidedo you glue the bottom and the backaside or just the bottom? took this off four yrs ago or so!!!!! and i have a short span between the ears anymore . Was going to look 41 Franks 63conv. at Branson last yr. but got to talking to much and it slipped away.Thanks for any help guys & gals. Mac

You think your memory is bad Mac? I forgot what I had for breakfast this morning, but I do remember how I attached the trunk seal. I glued the bottom and the back side on my 63 Daytona Mac. Even doing it this way it is starting to loosen after 14 years. Make sure and clean the mold release powder from the seal good with thinner or some good cleaner. Use the best adhesive like 3M super weatherstrip adhesive in the black tube. Don't get impatient and attach it too soon, wait for it to get good and tacky. More info than you need, or want probably, but I always have problems with getting impatient. The new glossy paint seems to cause a problem getting good adhesion.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Remember also to have the seam of the weatherstrip in the center of the rear portion. You do not want to have that seam toward the front of the deck lid because it will allow water through. Having it on the rear portion keeps any moisture into the trunk at a minimum.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks Frank& warren,this is what i was wanting to know,looks like summer has finally came to southern Ia. you guys have a real fine day. Mac

Comment

And don't put it in backwards like I did on my 50 Commander. Every time I close the trunk, I have to tuck in a little portion of the seal and remind myself of a mistake I made in 1982.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I put new gaskets on the trunk and doors of the 50 Champion..But, I only glued the one side. I guess I figured the other two sides should collapse like I think their suppose to.

Comment

GEEMAC----Summer is finally............wait till Thursday Rick from Des Moines

Comment

Bosshoss61;Talked to my son in Ames last nite,said you folks were having a real nice winter yet so just keep it north of hiway 34 and all of us folks down here in little Florida will be more than grateful. Nice sleeding.Mac

Comment

Working...
                X