X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harv
    replied
    Jim & friends,

Sorry for not responding back to you about your Ebay Motors web page help but I wanted to make sure that I won the bid & had the part in-hand first. I got the part today. Just as I thougth, from looking closely at the photo, there are 3 bayonet connection blades and it is a "New" part. The part is 95% correct. Only the post for the knob is incorrect. I'm pretty sure that I can make it work. Thanks again for the help. This Forum really is a great asset.

Cruizin' into September in Michigan, [8D]

StudeBakerHarv

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    It looks like it has a rheostat to control fan OFF + Speed. Only one wire?

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• jlmccuan
    replied
    Probably not the one you need, but I ran across this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Jim

1966 Avanti II RQA 0088

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    John,

I'd love for the p/n 1552649 switch to work as Sasco has them on hand but the guy I spoke with there (sorry, didn't get his name) seemed to know his stuff and said that they are different. It appears that the one connection is 12v pwr and the other two allow the switch to be in between the circuit of the upper control, "Temp - Colder (arrow left)" to control the pwr to the compressor clutch. Mine is shot and the fan is running all of the time. I can install two separate switches (one for fan control & one for clutch control) but it would be nice to keep it stock.

[8D]

StudeBakerHarv

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Are you sure the 62 switch won't work ? There is no real difference in the units, might be different connectors on the switch or something minor.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    started a topic Have One Of These ?

Have One Of These ?

I am in need of an Evaporator Blower Air Control Switch. It is item AC2-21 in the Parts Book, Part Number 1560153. It is for the Factory Air in my '64 R1 GT Hawk. I ck'd with SASCO and they say that it is for '63-'66 AC Units. They have one for the '62 but do not have what I need. Three wires clip onto the blades of the back ceramic housing. This housing has a coil that controls blower speed. The plate on the face over the switch mount is labeled "OFF - AIR - LOW". Any help on locating one of these would be appreciated.

P.S. Our Porsche Red '50 Starlight Coupe was parked on Old Woodward in Birmingham during this year's Woodward Dream Cruise. Thanks to Jason Ford & Joe Papai for securing our primo parking location. The Bullit did its thing of gathering attention. We are very proud to be Studebaker owners.

[8D]

StudeBakerHarv
Working...
X