Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

58 Packard Hawk AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 58 Packard Hawk AC

I'm in the process of restoring-redoing the 58 PH AC evaporator. The one in this car has gold
    outlets, I've seen pictures with them all black. What was the factory color?
    http://s294.photobucket.com/user/stu...tml?sort=3&o=5
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

The only factory picture that I can locate is in black & white. It shows the outlets to be a very light color and the box a very dark color. The outlets may be gold (not black) and the box is probably black.

EDIT: I just looked at the pictures that you linked to. That looks like the unit in the factory picture that I have, with one exception. The factory picture shows one long label/name plate in the center of the bottom area and not the one to the left. The pictured unit looks like it may have had something glued to it in that center area in the past.
    Last edited by studegary; 04-05-2013, 01:27 PM.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, Yes, I had looked at that same area and came to the same conclusion. Didn't find a factory picture to compare.
      64 Champ long bed V8
      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Kdancy View Post
        Gary, Yes, I had looked at that same area and came to the same conclusion. Didn't find a factory picture to compare.
        There is a B&W picture in the '58 S-P Salesman's Data Book..
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X