Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Need source for Wagner brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Need source for Wagner brushes

Does anyone know of a source for brushes for 1923 Wagner generator and starters as used on 1923-4 Special and Big 6 Studes?
    Thanks,
    Jim Connelley, Spring Creek, NV 89815

You need to check with the Antique Studebaker Club.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

When my Chrysler minivan starter brushes started to fail, I checked into new starters (~$200) and starter repair kits ($125)(brushes and bearings).

For some reason, I stopped at a local truck repair shop and he was able to match the brushes exactly with about 30 seconds of looking. $5.

Comment

Thanks; I've got a post on their forum also.

Comment

I agree with 55s. This is a part that you could match based on dimensions and fit, rather than application.
          John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

Check out any automotive starter/generator/alternator/electric motor repair shop.

I remember needing brushes for an old pre-war car back in the 60's. I went to one of those shops that rebuilds generators, alternators and starters and the guy walked me to a wall full of little metal drawers and said, "In here." After half an hour of searching through the hundreds of brushes I finally figured out how the part numbers seemed to correspond to dimension and I found them in a few minutes.

Those guys have to have parts for lots of stuff most auto shops would never see.
            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Main Auto Parts in Asheville, NC has them or can get them. Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X