Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Lark Fender interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Lark Fender interchange

I had a call last night from a person who just acquired a 62 Lark 4 door. The front fenders are shot, but the car came with an additional set but these ones don't seem to fit....the question is:

What years of Lark front fender will interchange on his 62?

Thanks
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

1961 thru 1963 interchange. The difference between the '59/'60 and the '61/'62/'63 is at the bottom. Studebaker went from the wide radiused rocker panel to the more angular design for '61 and up.
    R2Andrea

Comment

What R2 Andy said. 64-66 won't fit either, because of the major redesign of the cowl area and hood.
      Bo

Comment

That's true,though total lengths top to bottom are different.59,60 are a bit longer at bottom than the later ones.
        Originally posted by R2Andy View Post
        1961 thru 1963 interchange. The difference between the '59/'60 and the '61/'62/'63 is at the bottom. Studebaker went from the wide radiused rocker panel to the more angular design for '61 and up.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

....does anybody recall the picture folder by Ray Fichtorn where he grafted a 64-66' front fender rear edge patch panel to a 63' fender ?? Great idea...

Comment

I bolted a '66 front clip on my '63 with no problems.

Comment

I welded the rearmost 5 inches of some 64 fenders to my rusty 63 Wagonaire front fenders. The 64s were totally rust free. Had to do a bit of massaging in the cowl/hood area, but they were headed to the recycler, so I was glad to be able to use them.
              Kelly

Comment

I think only '61 and '62 fenders will interchange without modification. I put a '64 front clip on my '63 Wagonnaire. It bolted right on without problems. The '63 has a "flat" windshield like the 64-66 models. The '62 models still have the wraparound windshield that was introduced in the sedan-types in mid-1955. ~ Dale

Okay, if you are just changing the fender, then a '64 fender will probably not mate properly with the front grill panel of the '63. However, I can state unequivocally that the '64 fenders match the cowl on the '63 and you can replace the whole front clip as a unit. I have done this twice without any difficulty. ~ Dale

'64 clip on '63 station wagon (July 1988)
                Last edited by blackhawk; 03-22-2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

R2Andy (Post #2) is correct. 1961 through 1963 front fenders interchange - even the inner fenders are identical.

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                    ....does anybody recall the picture folder by Ray Fichtorn where he grafted a 64-66' front fender rear edge patch panel to a 63' fender ?? Great idea...
                    Here it is........
                    http://www.studebakerparts.com/stude...dapt/index.htm

Comment

Did you ever use the fenders you have? Looking for 59-60 lark fenders if that's what you have and didn't use them I would be interested in buying them if they are real clean fenders. Thanks

Comment

I have a pair of unused fiberglass 59-60 outer front fenders if you are interested. The inner fenders from your old fenders would have to be attached.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

I'm in the middle of trying to fit the fiberglass fenders (from Dan Webber) onto my '63 Wagonaire. While the outer surface quality is very good, it is taking a lot of cutting and grinding to get the fenders mated to the cowl so that they are flush with the doors. All of the holes for mounting have to be put into the flange and locating where they go is a little tricky. Much of the difficulty seems to be due to the much greater thickness of the mounting flange that goes to the cowl. My original steel fenders are just way too rusty to save. Also, the patches from Classic Enterprises (which I bought with the intention of using them) don't really have the right profile, e.g. the sharp crease near the top.
                          Gary Ash
                          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                          '48 M5
                          '65 Wagonaire Commander
                          '63 Wagonaire Standard
                          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

61, 62 and 63 interchange.. However, if they have holes in them for the trim it will not match. Especially 61, which the molding was above the body crease line..

Another difference in the 59/60 are single headlights, so the indentation in the inner fender for the light bucket will have clearance issues..

61 fender with 62 nose.. No side molding by choice..

Comment

Working...
                            X