Avanti (Delco) AM/FM Radio Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Avanti (Delco) AM/FM Radio Parts

I am having a factory Avanti AM/FM radio repaired and I am told it needs the following part:

a Delco model AC 3500 btw. But according to Delco schematics for similar GM radios, it is called a "core bar". It ties the tuning cores to the pushbutton and dial indicator assemblies. It is a plastic piece that spans the front of the core assemblies, directly behind the tuning dial. It is broken on the left side, and is starting to crack on the right side as well. It directly affects your tuning, as well as alignment!

Can anyone help me source this part?

Originally posted by lube_sales View Post
    I am having a factory Avanti AM/FM radio repaired and I am told it needs the following part:

a Delco model AC 3500 btw. But according to Delco schematics for similar GM radios, it is called a "core bar". It ties the tuning cores to the pushbutton and dial indicator assemblies. It is a plastic piece that spans the front of the core assemblies, directly behind the tuning dial. It is broken on the left side, and is starting to crack on the right side as well. It directly affects your tuning, as well as alignment!

Can anyone help me source this part?
    You might check with RadioRoy here on the Forum.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Find out of the core bar is the same as was used in the AM-only version of the radio. Those are plentiful, and I would not mind sacrificing one to make an AM-FM good. I have several right here in Alberta, and I'm sure you could get one in Edmonton.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Contact Dan Skidmore in Los Angeles. He restores Studebaker radios and has reproduced many parts for them. 310 398 7431
        Rob

Comment

What gordr says. If it is the same as the AM only radios, almost any Delco/GM radio from 59 to 65 will have a donor part. Unfortunately, I do not have an original AM/FM radio to inspect to see if they are the same as the AM only ones.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
          X