No announcement yet.

1952 Champion 2 dr to convertable frame x brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dean. I thought I sent you a private message, but it seemed to disappear in the ether. Anything you have would be appreciated. It is a jigsaw puzzle I am trying ot complete. bngrant@sympatico.ca will reach me.

Regards

Neil

Comment

Neil if you've been to my website you've probably seen the only pictures I have. These 2 are about the only ones I have that might help you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Torque boxes

Dan thanks very much. I have pored over those and many others to get to where I am. It has been a fun project for my spare time. I just wishe I could ahve bought a few more drawings from the SNM, but they were not re-produceable. Dean is to take a look for some of the dimensions I am not sure of. My car has some parts up near near the floor left and has been a good source of info in that area. Outboard and low - there is about nothing left.
        One thing of interest I noticed when looking under the RH side at the front. The remains of the inner wall near the frame is not symmetic with the left near the front. I puzzled over this and then realized it is to mount the gas pedal on RH control cars, so i won't go into that much detail as mine is LHC.
        Regard

Neil

Comment

Opps so much for no RUST HELP AGAIN

Well I spent sometime this last week end planing to coat the bottom area that I was not going to replace with POR 15 but as I cleaned the hog troughs, low and behold I found them full of rust and some holes.
          1. I do not want to take the body off
          2. I am building a hot rod not restoring (first guy made it a converible)
          3. With the above said do I need to make the hog troughs orginal
          4. Can I modify them and make them functional from the top and bottom( cutting the top and bottom pannels off and welding a stronger u shaped pieces in place and then covering with the new floor pannels
          Has anyone done this

Thanks again
          Greg
          Tacoma/ Wa

Originally posted by GlBoyd View Post
          You guys are the greatest. I was wondering why I did not seem to have the body mounting pods that
          classic sells, it just did not seem right but now I realize I do have the hog troughs and they are not
          rusted out YEAAAA

Comment

Haven't done it. As a hot rod project you can what works best for you. You can probably improve on the strength with new "U" shaped channels or box section tubing provided you make proper attachments to the body and associated mounting brackets. There are a couple of good threads on this forum discussing using the entire (shortened) frame from an S-10/15. Might be a good option for the hod rod with the modern brakes etc.

Comment

Working...
            X