Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'53 Studebaker Champion Sedan ID plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: '53 Studebaker Champion Sedan ID plates

For those who are somewhat more knowledgeable than me with the id plates, here's mine. (Threw in some nice dash light pictures since I don't see any images of them really) (driver door frame) (under hood frame)(dash lights! XD)
    Sure she may have 85hp, sure she may not be the most attractive or fastest thing out there, but she is the best car that represents me- 1953 Studebaker Champion Sedan

Well you got me sold,I like your Champion.body looks to be real solid,but I hope your engine was'nt running when you took the dash pic with some of the readings I see <GGG>
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

No it was not I'd be worried too.
      Sure she may have 85hp, sure she may not be the most attractive or fastest thing out there, but she is the best car that represents me- 1953 Studebaker Champion Sedan

Comment

The ID plates show your car to be assembled in Vernon (LA) California. It is about mid-way through the 1953 Champion production in CA. Your car is a 1953 Champion Custom 4dr sedan. The (W1) Custom was the lowest trim level for a 1953 Champion (W3 - Deluxe, W5 - Regal). There were less than 10K 1953 Champions made in CA.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

More pix please, of the whole car; interior & engine, I'm such a sucker for 53-55 4-door sedans...!
          Please!

Comment

I understand that many states used the engine number for the titles and if you change the engine you have a problem. My 52 has been without its orginal engine for a long time and I have NO idea where the orginal is so I can not take it and show an inspector sooooooo what do I do

Comment

Originally posted by GlBoyd View Post
              I understand that many states used the engine number for the titles and if you change the engine you have a problem. My 52 has been without its orginal engine for a long time and I have NO idea where the orginal is so I can not take it and show an inspector sooooooo what do I do
              Most states will allow you to re-title the car with the serial number on the door post. It only takes a sheaf of forms and a personal inspection by a police officer or other member of the local DMV. Be aware that any particular DMV rep you ask may have a different understanding of the procedure than the next DMV rep.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
              X