• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Originally posted by jeds55 View Post
    Hi Bob,
    I'm surprised you didn't do more of these manifolds. Mine works great around town and out on the road (strip). No one believes that I get better gas mileage now than I did with the Edelbrock I took off. Besides all the machine work you did in California you delivered it (free of charge) to Lansing, Michigan.

See you in South Bend in May....If you have time I'd be happy to take you for a ride..

Thanks Again.

Jim
    Jim your on and I will have my grandson with me and he loves rides in any Studebaker, and one like yours will make his day, this is the same grandson that drove our 67 Avanti on the Bonneville Salt flats race track to the speed of 75 miles an hour at the age of 11 thing like this will live a life time with him, he has had many rides in others over the years and remembers each and every one like yesterday 2002 at age of 7 he was in a 62 red Lark Daytona convert. 4 speed car during the parade in South Bend and loved it, any time he can get a ride in Allen Meekers stretch limo he goes for it, the list goes on and on, see you in South Bend....Bob

Leave a comment:

• jeds55
    replied
    Hi Bob,
    I'm surprised you didn't do more of these manifolds. Mine works great around town and out on the road (strip). No one believes that I get better gas mileage now than I did with the Edelbrock I took off. Besides all the machine work you did in California you delivered it (free of charge) to Lansing, Michigan.

See you in South Bend in May....If you have time I'd be happy to take you for a ride..

Thanks Again.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Originally posted by jeds55 View Post
    They work if.....
    You take the time to build the whole engine.....not just throwing a cut up manifold on.

I'm planning on attending the South Bend Show in early May if anyone wants to see it (hear it )...
    Nice looking truck and engine Jim, sure is a nice looking Cad. manifold and well done, wonder where you found one like that????

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    That looks nice!

Leave a comment:

• jeds55
    replied
    Caddy intake is working for me

They work if.....
    You take the time to build the whole engine.....not just throwing a cut up manifold on.

I'm planning on attending the South Bend Show in early May if anyone wants to see it (hear it )...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hawk58man
    replied
    SN-60, I stand corrected..

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    I dragged my old 52 cad intake down to compare it to the 64 stude intake. The ports come very very close to lining up....i'd say about 1/8" difference. The cad ports are maybe 10% larger than the stude.

Leave a comment:

• GeneC
    replied
    That is what I had it on, a 1951 232. Long story, but I never had the car running with both carbs working so I have no idea how good or bad it really was. Your right Jack, it sure did look good on the top of the motor!

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    A polished Edmunds/Stu-V/Wieand 2x2 adds bling to the engine compartment, but not much horsepower. They were all designed during the 232" era and weren't updated for the larger ports of the later heads.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• GeneC
    replied
    I know this is a bit off topic, but I did have an Edmunds 2 - 2 bbl aluminum intake for a Stude V8 at one time. I have seen them for sale on and off, but not for quite awhile.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
    Still have six binders full of DDs Total Performace Studebaker tech books lined up on the shelf right in front of me.
    (over a thousand pages) Reading them takes me back.
    Got any other 'binders' Lew could use a date.

To use a Caddy manifold requires plugging the end holes in the heads, and redrill and tap the holes. All this for a manifold that wont work as well as a stock Stude 4bbl.
    But they sure can look good.

Leave a comment:

• Jessie J.
    replied
    Still have six binders full of DDs Total Performace Studebaker tech books lined up on the shelf right in front of me.
    (over a thousand pages) Reading them takes me back.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    And no Stude fan should ever disagree with him... Woe to them....

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
    <snip> No Studebaker fan should ever forget Dick Datson.
    jack vines

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Some Stude discussions are evergreen. The Stude V8/early Cad V8 similarities and interchangeability has been covered about once every three months for the past sixty years. Back in the bad old 1970s-'90s of Dick Datson Studebaker tech books, he wrote several chapters complete with illustrations and photos to how the intake manifolds almost but not quite aligned.

Made me so nostalgic, I got out the DD books and am re-reading them for the first time in this century. No Studebaker fan should ever forget Dick Datson.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• hawk58man
    replied
    Keep us in the loop on what your findings are. Appreciate your technical info on these items..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X