Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude V-8 Edelbrock Intake Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Still have six binders full of DDs Total Performace Studebaker tech books lined up on the shelf right in front of me.
    (over a thousand pages) Reading them takes me back.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
      Still have six binders full of DDs Total Performace Studebaker tech books lined up on the shelf right in front of me.
      (over a thousand pages) Reading them takes me back.
      Got any other 'binders' Lew could use a date.

      To use a Caddy manifold requires plugging the end holes in the heads, and redrill and tap the holes. All this for a manifold that wont work as well as a stock Stude 4bbl.
      But they sure can look good.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com


      "Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

      Comment


      • #18
        I know this is a bit off topic, but I did have an Edmunds 2 - 2 bbl aluminum intake for a Stude V8 at one time. I have seen them for sale on and off, but not for quite awhile.

        Comment


        • #19
          A polished Edmunds/Stu-V/Wieand 2x2 adds bling to the engine compartment, but not much horsepower. They were all designed during the 232" era and weren't updated for the larger ports of the later heads.

          jack vines
          PackardV8

          Comment


          • #20
            That is what I had it on, a 1951 232. Long story, but I never had the car running with both carbs working so I have no idea how good or bad it really was. Your right Jack, it sure did look good on the top of the motor!

            Comment


            • #21
              I dragged my old 52 cad intake down to compare it to the 64 stude intake. The ports come very very close to lining up....i'd say about 1/8" difference. The cad ports are maybe 10% larger than the stude.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

              Comment


              • #22
                SN-60, I stand corrected..

                Comment


                • #23
                  Caddy intake is working for me

                  They work if.....
                  You take the time to build the whole engine.....not just throwing a cut up manifold on.

                  I'm planning on attending the South Bend Show in early May if anyone wants to see it (hear it )...
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    That looks nice!
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jeds55 View Post
                      They work if.....
                      You take the time to build the whole engine.....not just throwing a cut up manifold on.

                      I'm planning on attending the South Bend Show in early May if anyone wants to see it (hear it )...
                      Nice looking truck and engine Jim, sure is a nice looking Cad. manifold and well done, wonder where you found one like that????
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California


                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Hi Bob,
                        I'm surprised you didn't do more of these manifolds. Mine works great around town and out on the road (strip). No one believes that I get better gas mileage now than I did with the Edelbrock I took off. Besides all the machine work you did in California you delivered it (free of charge) to Lansing, Michigan.

                        See you in South Bend in May....If you have time I'd be happy to take you for a ride..

                        Thanks Again.
                        Jim
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jeds55 View Post
                          Hi Bob,
                          I'm surprised you didn't do more of these manifolds. Mine works great around town and out on the road (strip). No one believes that I get better gas mileage now than I did with the Edelbrock I took off. Besides all the machine work you did in California you delivered it (free of charge) to Lansing, Michigan.

                          See you in South Bend in May....If you have time I'd be happy to take you for a ride..

                          Thanks Again.


                          Jim
                          Jim your on and I will have my grandson with me and he loves rides in any Studebaker, and one like yours will make his day, this is the same grandson that drove our 67 Avanti on the Bonneville Salt flats race track to the speed of 75 miles an hour at the age of 11 thing like this will live a life time with him, he has had many rides in others over the years and remembers each and every one like yesterday 2002 at age of 7 he was in a 62 red Lark Daytona convert. 4 speed car during the parade in South Bend and loved it, any time he can get a ride in Allen Meekers stretch limo he goes for it, the list goes on and on, see you in South Bend....Bob
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California


                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X