Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid Question , are all 55 steering wheels two tone in color? 2dr president c-body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Stupid Question , are all 55 steering wheels two tone in color? 2dr president c-body

I haven't taken the tape off the steering wheel yet ! I wonder what's under the electrical tape!

I don't think sedans were, unless special ordered. I would expect the President Coupe to be so equipped. Shrocks remanufacture the two-tone steering wheel.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I think with a little research of the '55 Brochures you will find that all top of the line trim levels of Champions, Commanders and Presidents had the two tone Deluxe wheel with full circle horn rim.
      We have a middle of the many '55 Trim level Commander 4 Doors here, and it has the two tone, Beige and White.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

55 Steering wheel diameter?

Any idea if hardtop, sedan, pwr/vrs non power steering cars are the same and what years interchange from 53 thru 56? Me thinks I need a tutorial on 53 thru 56. cheers jimmijim
        Last edited by jimmijim8; 01-18-2013, 03:17 AM.
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

My -55 Champion 4-door sedan is a Regal, so it has a full chrome ring, but I saw a -55 Commander 4-door sedan a while ago that wasn't Regal & it had no ring at all, but they're both two-colored.
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

My '55 President Deluxe is single coloured and has a full circle horn rim. I think the full circle horn rim was standard on all Presidents.
            sigpic
            55 President Deluxe
            64 Commander
            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

OH MY! If a previous owner really wrapped that steering wheel with plain old regular electrical tape...when you remove it, you will probably have a sticky gooey mess!... UGH!

You didn't ask a stupid question. Other posters provided some good answers. Mine is the stupid one...but I really hope you only have some type of vinyl wrap without the mess electrical tape could cause.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

What gives?.........It looks to Me like post #4 was meant to be a new thread.......No?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                  Any idea if hardtop, sedan, pwr/vrs non power steering cars are the same and what years interchange from 53 thru 56? Me thinks I need a tutorial on 53 thru 56. cheers jimmijim
                  53 to 56 will interchange, but there are some differences in the diameter of the horn ring, as well as some have full rings and most have half rings.

The C/K cars have a smaller diameter wheel than the sedans and wagons.

Power steering vs non power steering cars have the same steering wheels.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                  10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                  56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                  60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

thanks Roy cheers jimmijim
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                    X