57 Hawk Fin Fit - requesting Photo of tail light area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 57 Hawk Fin Fit - requesting Photo of tail light area

I'm so excited!! My Hawk is in the final stages at the body shop!!

They are having trouble matching both the left and right tail light housings the same and the new fins seem to fit different. Does any one have some close up shots of how the pot metal housings fit all along the rear of the fin and inside body?? Also they covered the holes from the inside part of the fin to the rear inside body so we're trying to properly measure the depth set-up..
    Lastly the chrome tail piece above the light housing - how much gap is between the curve of the housing and the chrome tail piece??

I'll get some photos posted soon. Using Mini Cooper Reef Blue Metallic!! Almost black looking. Wait till you see this one!

Thanks

I did find this but no photos of the parts or alignment.. Seems mine want to overlap so the fin material needs to be spread out.. Any photos please post., Thanks!

The tail light housings should align with the edges of the quarter/fin. There is no overlap, and no rubber gasket (like GT Hawks have). Use the (2) hex-head body screws, and (2) Phillips screws to adjust the width/alignment of the body to the match the housing. This should be done BEFORE body/paint work... but most people forget.
    (C)

There is a special bracket used to align the top of the housing- so it stays at a certain height (A)

There are (2) special J-clips that slide into the slots in the rear panel (B). They line up with the holes that the long mounting-screws go into. It is important to add an extra GROUND wire from the (chrome/painted) taillight housing to one of the quarter panel mounting bolts... They originally grounded through the mounting screws- but that is a typically bad connection.

Comment

Here are some yesterday and today photos showing the new paint color..
      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08318.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1678561Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08320.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1678562Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08321.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1678563Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08322.jpg
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1678564Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08324.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1678565Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08328.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1678566Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08331.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1678567Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08335.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1678568Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08343.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1678569Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08347.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1678570

Hello, I tried to take some photos of the tail light housing area on my 1957 Golden Hawk. This maybe a little help. Nice color.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you Swiss-GH!! Your pictures do help.. And I love that color too. The bodyman couldnt make sense out of the positioning but the fin needs to be snugged in more than he thought..
          Paint and everythijng should be bolted together in about 2-weeks so look forward to the photos then.
          Ches in SD>

Comment

Remember how old these are and back then nothing fit perfect and if they do now then they are not like the factory ones. my 57 Golden Hawk fit about the same as ones pictured by Swiss-Golden Hawk.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Originally posted by HammondA100 View Post
              Paint and everythijng should be bolted together in about 2-weeks so look forward to the photos then.
              Ches in SD>
              Looking forward to seeing your newly painted car pictures then. Have a great day all.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X