Oil filter options on a 64 259

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That is a surprise.

The filter has a fram label on the outside of the cannister, so unless Studey's supplied such I would assume its an after market filter setup.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Tom, from the information that I have as well as the data compiled by Skip Lackie http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/V8EngineID.asp
      you have a 1959 259 V8.
      We look forward to learning that you eventually get the thing stated (smile).
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

We'll see. I guess there is really nothing wrong with a 59 motor as a basis. The fitment of an ac compressor and power steering pump is no different than on a 64, right? I can put the oil filter on the right side of the oil filler, or I suspect I coud block off the filler hole and put on a filler equipped valve cover...is that what is used in 64?

Comment

Bob P would be able to say, but I don't imagine the engines altered much over the years as Studebaker were always short of cash. My 259 (62) engine (RHC) has the filter at the lower right hand side despite the steering, so in a LHC vehicle you're all clear on the right. If I recall, the AC bits are fitted on the right so all should be well.

Have a great weekend, I'm off to enjoy Sunday.
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

We'll see. I guess there is really nothing wrong with a 59 motor as a basis. The fitment of an ac compressor and power steering pump is no different than on a 64, right? I can put the oil filter on the right side of the oil filler, or I suspect I coud block off the filler hole and put on a filler equipped valve cover...is that what is used in 64?

Comment

Working...
            X