No announcement yet.

Trim clips

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Body / Glass: Trim clips

    Looking for source for molding clips that attach stainless 2 tone break trim on 61 Hawk fins. Don't have one to go by but part number is 1338902. SI does not carry them. Thanks David

  • #2
    Hey, I need some of those also! Can anyone tell me the diameter of the holes in the fin that these clps push through?
    Buckeye, Arizona

    1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project


    • #3
      Steve Keep in mind mine the ones I measured have fresh paint but they measure out at about 3 /16 in. David


      • #4
        David: Probably the hobby's largest purveyor of trim, screws and clips is Restoration Specialties & Supply of Windber PA.

        Phone: (814)467-9842


        Good luck. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

        Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

        G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.


        • #5
          You need to know if you are looking for the tiny clips for the UPPER Moulding or the larger ones for the larger Lower Fin Moulding.

          Both are Paintline Mouldings.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM.
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner


          • #6
            Looking for the upper. Looked in Resto, Specialties catalog but don't have a original one to compare it to. Thanks


            • #7
              Suggestion #1: If you only looked in S-I's Catalog, you really need to contact them direct! Best guess would be S-I only lists 20% of ALL the different part numbers they have in stock in their catalogs!!!

              Suggestion #2: Contact the SNM Archives and order a copy of "Clip" drawing 1338902. You'll then know what that "Clip" actually looks like on the drawing ...will likely have the Studebaker vendor name & their part number listed on it ...and if you get really lucky, it may turn out to be the "same as" a different but available Studebaker part number "Clip" having just have a slightly longer stud, etc.

              Good Luck!!!


              • #8
                not sure what part 1338902 looks like, but if it is a narrow clip, you might give Classic Enterprises 715 537 5422 a call. They have a narrow clip for the 57 GH used on the rear fins. Ken, Deltaville Va


                • #9
                  This is a picture of 1338902
                  I have a few (8) in stock.
                  I have over 22.000 different parts for Studebaker.
                  Robert Kapteyn
                  815 722 7262
                  Remember I am old and slow!!


                  • #10
                    This clip has the number P504 stamped on it.
                    This may help.
                    Robert Kapteyn


                    • #11
                      Robert Sent you a PM. David


                      • #12
                        I send you 16 clips by first class mail.

                        Robert Kapteyn


                        • #13
                          Thanks Robert. Forum comes thru again. David