1963 wagonaire??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 wagonaire??????

What parts off of the 1963 Larks are interchangeable with the 1963 Wagonaire? I just bought a project Wagonaire and the doors on the passenger side are toast. Both front and rear.I know the front is the same (fenders, hood, header panel). If I get it fixed up it will be a great addition to my Cruiser.
    Thanks Keith.

1963 Cruiser, 1962 Lark, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Without the parts catalog in front of me, I am no help. I suspect the list would be too long to submit here. With a '62 and, now, two '63s, it surprises me you haven't procured the catalogs for your use.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

If I remember right, the doors, front and rear are the same, too. I think they designed the wagon's roofline so as to be able to do that.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Bought a catalog for my '52 but not yet for the 60 models. Thanks, will have to buy one now.

1963 Cruiser, 1962 Lark, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Comment

If I remember correctly, (too lazy to look it up) the window frames slope down on '63 4 dr's. and stay level on Wagonaires, so the rears are different, but all you do is switch the upper part.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

You might want to get in touch with George in Grant's Pass. He has several Wagonaires as well. I'm told, SASCO has doors for your wagon too. New ones, really!

Oh, and not every four-door will do. I'm told the Cruiser's back doors aren't compatible. I was hoping to put a pair on my own wagon and was told the window frames taper downwards. You can verify this by comparing your own Cruiser to the Wagonaire.

Good Luck!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...