X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by willisl55 View Post
    SI only has sedan bezels. Thats why I am trying to find out the difference because I cannot locate coupe bezels.
    Since all 4 Fenders, and Doors are all taller on Sedans and '54 Wagons, Grilles and Tail lights do not interchange to the lower Coupes and Hardtops.

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    I plan on using '54 tailights on my '53 Commander Starliner. I think they look better and the lense is slightly convex so it will show from the side and be safer. I plan on painting the bezels body color, so if someone has a pair that are pitted but not cracked or dented, I would be interested.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    I also like the '55 C/K tail lights over the '53 version....but would the '55's fit with a '53 rear bumper?

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    I agree the '55 taillights give better illumination. I have one '53 C/K housing I sent out for plating. In the attempt to solder some holes shut the bottom got a hole blown in it; a peril of pot metal restoration. This could be easily filled, sanded and painted if anyone needs one they don't plan on plating. Available for the cost of USPS mail. Send a PM if interested.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Looking for good driver, rechromed, or cores to plate?

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    53s come up on eBay once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    I'd put the 55 bezels back on. SI has the repops and they give better visability, especially from the sides.

Leave a comment:

• willisl55
    replied
    SI only has sedan bezels. Thats why I am trying to find out the difference because I cannot locate coupe bezels.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    I have some but all need work but Barry Hackney in Tx. might have some good ones and he is a forum member, what say Barry?

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    At one time the coupe bezels were reproduced. Does SI have them in their catalog?

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Big difference in coupe and sedan bezels. Sedan bezels are quite a bit taller. Good coupe bezels are hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• willisl55
    started a topic Body / Glass: 1953 tail light question

1953 tail light question

I have recently purchased a 1955 champion 'C' model that has a 1953 front clip and also 53 tail lights. I am trying to locate tail light bezels but can only locate ones for 53 sedans. Is there a difference between the sedans and coupes bezels? thanks in advance for any replies and I know I will have more questions when I get further into this project. This is a p hoto of the left tail light and I need the right side. The bezel is 9" high and the lens is 7 1/2" high 2" wide at the bottom and is stamped 14GT.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	left_tail_light.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1736909
    Lee
    Last edited by willisl55; 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM. Reason: attach photo
Working...
X