Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

value of 57 hawk eng etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• value of 57 hawk eng etc.

I'm going to a swap meet... have 57 hawk eng. 289 , auto trans. and TT rear end. Good condition. Anybody give me an idea what I should ask for them?

Thanks, Don
    sigpic
    58 Golden Hawk
    DSamborski
    Pillager, MN

Do you know if the engine runs and the tranny shifts good? Is that what you mean by "Good condition"? As "cores", maybe a hundred bucks for the engine (more if the supercharger and all it's supproting parts are there as well)maybe4 $400-500 if you're SURE it runs nice, 50 bucks for the tranny as a core - $as much as $150 if you're sure it shifts nice. Good type 44 TT rear - $150. If it's an all-makes swap meet, you'll be lucky to get those prices unless some stude sort happens by. Without the blower, they're just standard Stude 289 & early Flight-o-matic (early to mean the configuration that fits 56 & 57 Studes - when they used a 2-piece driveshaft)

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the info....its an all stude swap meet.
      no blower....I am 98% sure every thing runs and shifts okay.
      sigpic
      58 Golden Hawk
      DSamborski
      Pillager, MN

Comment

Where are you going to sell the engine? Anywhere close to Fresno, Ca?

Mabel 1949 Champion
        1957 Silverhawk
        1955 Champion
        1958 Transtar
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment