Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

64 hawk hood bumpers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Body: 64 hawk hood bumpers

    I order 12 hood bumpers from SI, these are the small rubber bumpers that attache to the fenders so that the hood is not metal to metal with the fenders. The SI catalog says it takes 12, I have found only 8 locations, 4 on each side. Question, where do the other 4 bumpers go?

  • #2
    There are 2 thick square bumpers at the front near the side air deflectors. I thought there were 5 round ones ea side, and the two square (actually rectangular) ones in the front. That would be 12, but also the number of round ones on the sides were changed over the years, and I'm not sure when
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com


    "Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
      I order 12 hood bumpers from SI, these are the small rubber bumpers that attache to the fenders so that the hood is not metal to metal with the fenders. The SI catalog says it takes 12, I have found only 8 locations, 4 on each side. Question, where do the other 4 bumpers go?
      Are you working with NOS "Service" fenders?

      IF ...yes, depending on which Service part number they are, you may need to drill the 5th hole along each side in the fenders.

      Also, often forgotten are those "plastic" bumpers that go between the fender & cowl ...1 each side.

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome: Would you please expand on the description of the "plastic" bumpers you mentioned. I may be in the forgotten category. Thanks,
        Perry
        \'50 Business Champ,
        \'50 Starlight Champ,
        \'60 Lark Convertible,
        \'63 GT R1,
        \'67 Triumph TR4A

        Comment


        • #5
          There are two 'nylon' bumpers that mount to the cowl under the fenders to prevent metal to metal contact, they are called anti-squeak buttons or something like that. I'm not sure if all C-K's had them or not
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com


          "Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fpstude View Post
            Welcome: Would you please expand on the description of the "plastic" bumpers you mentioned. I may be in the forgotten category. Thanks,
            "Plastic" anti-squeak button p/n 3052X1 was used between the front fenders and the cowl top panel on C/K models after approx. mid-model year 1957. Prior to that "rubber" anti-squeak p/n 311269X1 (optional p/n 311269X2) was used for that same purpose. More good news for Studebaker International holiday shoppers ...they have the "Plastic" anti-squeak buttons (p/n 3052X1) in-stock.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Welcome View Post
              Are you working with NOS "Service" fenders?

              IF ...yes, depending on which Service part number they are, you may need to drill the 5th hole along each side in the fenders.

              Also, often forgotten are those "plastic" bumpers that go between the fender & cowl ...1 each side.
              As far as I know I am working with the original fenders, but who knows, dilling a fifth hole makes sense and I will look for the plastic bumpers. Thank You Sir.

              Comment

              Working...
              X