Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    The reason I'm asking is because they're quite tricky to get rust-free & I like to have as much smooth surfaces as possible, it's already hard enough to work in this place & I thought... well, you know... So I don't wanna have more plates, even plastic, at least not now.
    (It's a common thing on a lot of cars in Sweden because of the snow & salt on the roads.)
    Anyway if it's important for the strength that they stay, then I'll leave them but if it's just as strong to cut them away & weld the seam then I would prefer that.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Nox, in the past I made panels to seal off that area from what the tires would kick up.I made them out of plastic and metal,but never made them fit perfect.the better you make them fit the better seal you'll get.

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    Hmmm... Well then; if it's important for strength than isn't it a bad idea to cut them away & weld the seam closed?

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Yes, it is possible. Yes, it is important for strength. Yes, it can be cut off and welded. If yours is not rusted away as a result of being a dirt-catcher, why excise it now?
    We are keeping our sixty-year-old Studes much cleaner than we did when they were five or ten years old.

Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    started a topic Body / Glass: The edge behind the front wheels...

The edge behind the front wheels...

I'm wondering if anyone know if it's possible to cut away the out-sticking & up-bended plate on the fire-wall/bulkhead just behind the wheels, the ridge that goes horizontal...?
    Or is it important for strength or is it possible to cut it of & weld?
    (I find it quite a dirt-catcher.)
    Is it "only" there for the lower-&-upper plates to connect & to fasten other plates on?
    My car is a -55 sedan but I've seen this on other Studebakers also.
    (Hope this question doesn't make to many people angry...)
    I have pictures that I took to show exactly what I mean but I can't see how to post them.
Working...
X