gt hawk wood grain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: gt hawk wood grain

I need to restore the wood grain on the dash and door panels on my 64 hawk. Has anyone done this and if so what did you use.

Steve, I haven't done woodgraining myself, but I know of an excellent man for the job. His name is Terry Frye and is in Middleton Wisconsin (IIRC). He does outstanding work, and is usually at all the meets in that neck of the woods. I am not at home right now (vacationing in Fla.), but once home next week, I can get you all his info if needed. Hope this helps, Bill Van Alstyne.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      I need to restore the wood grain on the dash and door panels on my 64 hawk. Has anyone done this and if so what did you use.
      you might want to consider use of an overlay. i've done this on 3 of gt hawks that i have restored; but be sure to use marine grade material, it is thicker and sticks better. pictures of two of these cars that also show their overlay dash can be seen at http://kenmotorsports.blogspot.com. if that does not work i think you can also google "studebakers forever". there are 5 cars shown so you will have to sort through the 5 to eventually find dash pics of the gt's. The material was only a few dollars. ken deltaville, va

Comment

Thats what I want to use is some kind of overlay. The dash will be out of the car and so will the door pads. I wiil be reusing the top part of the pads but want to redo the woodgrain and carpet. The dash is fine but want it to all match.

Comment

Give this thread a look through: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ash+wood+grain
          I like the look of it on my dash, but the vinyl shrunk on the gauge cluster panel and seperated from the metal where the metal is folded. Not an issue for a '64 though as that part is painted black. You can come take a look at it if you like.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
          X