Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Stainless trim at base of front seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Stainless trim at base of front seat

Did a 52 Champion Regal Deluxe have the stainless steel trim on the base on the front seat bench? It sure would help not getting the material dirty with my big feet. My car had new interior installed 20 years ago and I thought maybe they didn't replace it then. I didn't own it then. thanks
    1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

I like originality but I don't have a definitive answer. My 14/15 feet have a hell of a time getting in and out of my Champion and I thought this chrome would help keep the seat fabric clean since I live in the country.
    1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

I could be wrong but I have only seen 50 models with the stainless trim on the front seats, so it may be that in 52 they tried to save a few bucks by deleting it?
      sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
      Regal Deluxe Trim
      Automatic transmission
      46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

I have that trim, I think it was used on 'higher end models' from 47-52. I got some of it from Champions and Commanders/ Land Cruisers 1950-52 . I never did ID these in the books but I know the ones I have are from that era because you have to remove them to access the seat bolts in order to remove the seat. I got these in a 'mixed lot' when I bought 5 1950-52 'project cars' and there were several of them in the mix of parts.

I bet Roy knows.

Comment

I have a set from a '50 Land Cruiser. My '51 State Commander did not have them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were only standard on the Land Cruiser.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

If the part number is the SAME for the SEAT FRAMES between some of these years that had them and those that did not-- I bet you could add them to a model that did not come with them. This is why the parts books and guys that specialize in such things come in very handy.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              I have a set from a '50 Land Cruiser. My '51 State Commander did not have them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were only standard on the Land Cruiser.
              Champions got them too. My '48 Regal Deluxe Champion has them.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

My Champion Regal Deluxe has alot of options radio,retract antenna,Climatizer,overdrive and gobs of chrome. I think I'm going to add the stainless around the front seat base. It is darn hard getting these big feet in and out and I get the seat covering dirty everytime living here in the country. I've seen some 52s (Champion, Commander& Land Cruisers) with these mouldings around the seat and I found a very slick pair for $40. I'm a sucker for originality but I think I'll save my side of the seat and I'm thinking these were maybe added by the dealer back then.

Comment

Bob Peterson is parting out a 49 champion with those trim pieces. See his thread on the Studebaker specific side of the forum.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                  10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                  56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                  60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

And it is nice shape also.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

If you haven't purchased any yet, here's some on eBay. But you should verify they are the same for your car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-Studeba...item51a10a6b68
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                      X