Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Wiper motor interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Wiper motor interchange

While cleaning and lubeing my 1956 1/2ton pickup 12 volt wiper motor a wire shorted and burned off at the field winding I was looking on Ebbay and they have a 12 volt wiper assembly for a 1949 to 1953 c cab pickup. I was wondering if this could replace my 56 motor assembly It looks like this newly manufactued unit go's back and forth like a vacuum type. Or can someone tell me of brand X that would work with a some modification. If someone had a wipermotor for sale that would be great. Thanks Ken

The new unit is probably cable drive to replace the old vacuum motor. Just get another motor from one of the Studebaker vendors. A used motor from a Studebaker disassembler would be a good bet.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
    X